- It is free (& open source), portable, GPL (general purpose language).
- Unike C and C++, it employs dynamic casting, thus making it user friendly.
- There are many useful built-in object types like dictionaries
- It is object oriented as well as functional programming language. C is modular/functional and JAVA is Object oriented.
- It can be used as a script as well as a system language.
- It is mixable. It can merge into codes written in other languages, as well as let them in it.
- In Pythong, memory management is automatic.
- Tradional languages are compiler based. Java uses compiler as well as interpreter. But Python is purely interpreter based.
- Python interpreter (known as PVM, python virtual machine) is a layer of software logic between the source code and computer hardware on the machine.
- VM(virtual environment) is a tool to keep dependencies required by different projects in separate places, by creating pythong environments for them.
- Python is a machine/platform independent HLL (high level language). For system software like OS we use LLL and for APP(application software) we use HLL.